I have tried many ways to prepare and cook chicken parmesan whether its the chicken , the breadcrumbs, the cheese but after many tastings and tries I have found a recipe that adds a little sweet and savory kick!
Here is what you need to know about my secrets to the best chicken Parmesan you will ever have :
1. Pancetta– sprinkle a layer of this salty smoked bacon on the chicken before you layer on that sauce
2. The sauce– Use Marinara sauce not pasta sauce. Its thinner and has more of a true tomato flavor to it.
3. Sweetness– the added goodness. Add 1/2 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar to the sauce! The sweet sauce pairs so well with the savory flavor of the chicken and pancetta!
4. Parmesan cheese– I like to combine half Parmesan cheese with half bread crumbs for the coating of the chicken. Adds an extra cheesey flavor!
5. Garlic Powder– Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of garlic powder in the flour mixture when coating the chicken.
What you need:
Thin Chicken Breasts – cut and thrimmed
1 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
2 eggs whisked
1 cup of italian bread crumbs
1 cup of parmesan cheese
1 jar of marinara sauce
1 cup of cubed pancetta
1 package of shredded mozzarella cheese
1. After you trim and cut chicken make a line of the items that you will use to coat the chicken. First flour and garlic powder. Second eggs, gently whisked. Third parmesan cheese and bread crumbs . Coat chicken in the three items above in that order. Place in a pan with olive oil. After browned on both sides take out and cool on a plate.
2. Sprinkle pancetta one the chicken , add sauce and then mozz. cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 min or until cheese is golden brown.