I am not a fan of chilli so I found a modified version using chicken and a creamy cheese sauce. Easy to make and a cheap eat! Perfect for a big family to serve along side tortilla chips! One of the best cozy comfort foods I have had on a cold fall/winter night. Slow cooker recipes truly are a lifesaver for those busy moms! I placed all the ingredients in the crock pot before I spent my day running errands and just in time for dinner the chilli was ready! The amount that the recipe calls for is a lot so be prepared for leftovers!
What you need:
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 can of black beans
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 8 oz package light cream cheese
2 chicken breasts
1. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Pour black beans( drained) , corn ( undrained), and rotel tomatoes over top the chicken.
3. Now add in onion powder and chili powder. Then ranch dressing packet.
4. Lastly, put cream cheese in the crockpot- To help the melting process I cut the cream cheese down into three sections.
5. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.